How to Reduce Acne Naturally
Acne is a subject that is very personal for me because I’ve suffered from Cystic acne all my life and it’s something that is very hard to live with. When we have acne, we feel insecure, it affects our confidence and self esteem, and it’s always there on the back of our mind even when we try to not think about it. We try to go on with our life, go out and meet new people and act normal, but it’s always there and we get scared of being judge by others. I know how it feels because I’ve been living with acne since a very young age.
I have read a lot of books and done research about natural treatment for acne in the last couple years, and I’m happy that I did because my acne is now improving a lot since last year. We all have different skin types so what helped me might not help everyone, but I just want to share some of my tips of how to reduce acne naturally.
What is Acne
First of all, I think that in order to learn how to reduce acne we need to first start by learning where does acne come from? Why do we have acne in the first place? Well let me tell you that it’s more simple then you think. Through my research I found out that acne is really just an imbalance in our body, and it means that our lymphatic system is not working properly. Acne is mucus that have accumulated and formed a pimple. What causes mucus? Mucus is caused when our lymphatic system is backed up and we are not filtering our body properly. How can we help our lymphatic system filter properly? We can help it simply by being healthy, eating healthy foods, managing our stress, exercising and a lot more.
Acne is simply our body telling us that we have an imbalance and what we see on our skin is simply a reflection of how sick we are inside. It’s our body telling us that something is not right and there is an imbalance somewhere. When I learned about this and started to change my diet and working on my health, my acne really improved and still continue to improve today. Sometimes we focus more on buying expensive acne products when we should really focus on healing the cause of acne from the inside.
5 Tips to Reduce Acne Naturally
- Healthy diet – Eating healthy is very important. I wrote a blog post about it called “Having the Best Nutrition Possible“. I always try to avoid sugars, gluten, processed food and I eat fruits and raw vegetables with every meal. I also always have a smoothie every morning with some superfoods like ginger, lemon, chlorella, and I’ve seen a lot of improvement in my skin since doing this.
- Exercise – In order to remove toxins from our body, it’s important to exercise everyday, exercise is very important to move your lymphatic system, my favourite exercises are rebounding on a trampoline, swimming and bicycle riding.
- Detox your body – I wrote a blog post about this called “Simple Detox Tips“. Herbs are very powerful to help your body remove toxins, you can also take clay baths, Epsom salt baths. Making your body sweat is very important to remove toxins from the skin.
- Stress Management – Stress can really affect our lymphatic system. I always find that I have more acne when I’m stressed. My favourite stress management techniques are meditation, walking in nature and more. You can find more tips to reduce stress on my blog post “How to Reduce Stress“.
- Wash your Face with Something Natural – Avoid putting creams or makeup on your skin that contains chemicals, if you don’t recognize some of the ingredients on the back of your face products, putting it on your skin will only make your acne worse. Try to only put things on your skin that you can eat and avoid makeup as much as possible. I know that it’s hard to go out without makeup when we have acne (I’ve been there), but covering it up with chemicals will only make your acne worse, and letting your skin breathe is very important. Remember that no matter how bad your acne is, you are beautiful and you are free to walk on this earth without covering yourself. If you really want to wear makeup, try to use something organic or natural with less chemicals. Also try to find products that has a comedogenic rating of 0 (that means they will not clog your pores).
I just want to note that it’s possible that you experience a healing crisis when you change your bad habits for good ones. Your body may release a lot of toxins at once, because of that you may have more acne for a while before it gets better. This happened to me, but I continued with the healthy habits and my skin became healthier and better overtime, it’s not fun but it’s totally worth it. Stick with the good healthy habits and patience is always key. 🙂
My Favourite Products to Wash My Face With
- Organic Hemp Seed Oil – I love Hemp Seed Oil, it’s so gentle on the skin, it’s good for redness and it has a comedogenic rating of 0. This is my favourite Oil to wash my face with.
- Miessence Products – Their products are all certified organic to food standard and they are aloe vera based (which is very good for the skin). I saw a lot of improvement in my skin since I started using their products.
- French Green Clay Mask – I do this mask once a week and it’s very good for acne. You can buy French Green Clay in a health food store or on Ebay or Amazon, just make sure it’s organic and good quality. You can make the mask simply by mixing 1 teaspoon of French Green Clay with 1 teaspoon of water and leave on your face for 15 minutes.
- Chlorella Mask – I use Organic Chlorella Powder, I mix 1 teapsoon of Chlorella with 1 teaspoon of water and leave it on my face for 15 minutes. I do this about once a month, it’s very good for the skin as well.
Well these were my tips on how to reduce acne naturally without any chemicals or expensive treatment. If you like this article don’t forget to check my blog post every week since I will post more articles about acne. Take care :).