25 Good New Year’s Resolutions for a More Sustainable Lifestyle
Happy new year everyone.
Even tho we can decide to make new goals at any time during the year, starting a new year is always a good time to start making new resolutions.
Why not choosing good new year’s resolutions that will not only improve your health, but might also improve your finances and make a positive impact on the environment at the same time.
Here is 25 eco-friendly ideas that can improve your life and help the environment.
- Need a new planner? Choose an eco-friendly planner made with recycled paper and materials. I like to shop on Etsy. Etsy is a great place to find hand-made ethically made planners.
- Need more clothes? Buy them second hand at your local thrift store.
- Use a wooden toothbrush instead of plastic.
- Whenever you’re shopping, ask for no receipt.
- Choose to receive your billing statement online instead of paper in the mail.
- Use cloth napkins instead of paper towels.
- Try to reduce your electricity usage by taking shorter showers, closing the lights and reducing the heat in your house by wearing a sweater.
- Use a reusable menstrual cup instead of pads or tampons.
- Only buy what you really need.
- Shop locally by supporting your local farmers market.
- Buy your dry foods in bulk and store them in glass containers.
- Skip the straw, buy reusable straws instead.
- Research more before buying something and try to support eco-friendly companies.
- Have a blog? Switch for a green hosting company.
- Bring your own bags and containers while going grocery shopping.
- Reduce your carbon footprint by walking more, riding a bicycle or sharing a drive with a friend.
- Reduce your plastic usage by trying to find a place where you can buy your shampoos and cleaning supplies in bulk and bring your own containers to refill them.
- Turn off your WiFi at night and when you’re not using it.
- Contact companies to stop receiving their junk mail delivery.
- Use a reusable water bottle.
- Buy organic personal care products without chemicals.
- Choose energy efficient lighting.
- Need a new house? Buy a smaller house and cut your energy use.
- Plant a garden.
- Buy loose leaf tea instead of tea bags.
These were a few good new year’s resolutions that you can incorporate into your life.
I would love to learn about more green ideas so if you have more ideas feel free to comment below. 🙂